Photo via: lifehack.org
You may also be interested in 🙂
- William Randolph Hearsts library. Hearst was such a prolific collector of art, books, and antiques, that his castle was actually built around how to display the collection. All of his books still couldn’t be fit into the castle’s two libraries, so he stored some elsewhere, such as in bookcases lining the walls of his movie theater room.
- This is the library of the Biltmore House, built by George Washington Vanderbilt II. It is the largest privately owned home in the United States with 135,000 square feet and 250 rooms.
- Bergé’s vast collection of rare books and manuscripts takes pride of place in the library, where the existing shelving was refinished to resemble mahogany, then ornamented with gilded trim and custom-made sconces | archdigest.com
- Not only is this a sweet bedroom with a gorgeous bed, it’s got an entire wall of shelves covered in books! That is something I would love to have in my life!
- I actually did this in a home I owned and I never regretted it! One thing pinning has taught me is that I am NOT a pastel kind of gal. NOPE, it is right to the rich dramatic jewel tones for ME!!
- La Bibliothèque Nationale, Paris – France
- Ikea Bookcase Turned Bar – bar crafted from an Ikea Lack Shelving Unit by turning it on its side and adding legs. Not only does the DIY piece look great, but it has a quite functional wide surface for mixing cocktails and four compartments for storing glasses and other supplies.
- This quote is the very last line of the book. Its ironic since most humans are haunted by death.
- Reading nook with stained glass windows in LAbbaye de la Bussière, Burgundy, which has been converted to a hotel books France
- Klementium National Library in old Town Prague. The library of the Klementinum, build by the Jesuits at the beginning of the 18th century. This is Baroque architecture in its most beautiful form. Czech Republic
- Do you need to raise money for an individual or family in need? Do you need extra funds for an adoption, upcoming field trip, summer camp, sports team, scout troop, PTO or youth group? Whether you need $50, $500 or $5,000, let me show you how you could achieve that!
- Love this space. Chintz designed in the last half of the 18th century by Philippe de Lasalle. Ha! Love that, too.