Photo via: natgeo.galegroup.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Billy Graham’s 9/11 Message from the Washington National Cathedral
- Klementium National Library in old Town Prague. The library of the Klementinum, build by the Jesuits at the beginning of the 18th century. This is Baroque architecture in its most beautiful form. Czech Republic
- Bibliotheque Nationale de France, Paris. The National Library of France has expanded its collection within the last few decades, since it was established in 1461. The older building that was completed in 1868 on the Rue de Richelieu is still in use and not to be missed. Once the largest library in the world, this title remains no longer. Nonetheless, it is still impressive with collections like 5,000 Greek manuscripts and an impressive staff of 2,700.
- This magnificent space is part of the Austrian National Library, located in the imperial Hofburg Palace in Vienna
- The Old Library of the Dutch House of Representatives, The…
- “ Library of the Abbey in Waldsassen, Bavaria…
- Libraries Around the World: Austrian National Library | Vienna, Austria.
- “I am deliberate and afraid of nothing.” – Audre Lorde (1934-1992), Caribbean-American writer and activist who set out to confront issues of racism in feminist thought.
- William Randolph Hearsts library. Hearst was such a prolific collector of art, books, and antiques, that his castle was actually built around how to display the collection. All of his books still couldn’t be fit into the castle’s two libraries, so he stored some elsewhere, such as in bookcases lining the walls of his movie theater room.
- Library, Mafra National Palace, Portugal
- Austrian National Library, Vienna, Austria.
- For National Library Week, were giving away some beautiful Little Free Libraries. Learn how to bring one to your community.