Photo via: flickr.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Sitting on History by Bill Woodrow: The British Library
- An introduction to coding for complete beginners, this friendly and accessible book will teach children the basics of Scratch (a free, online program developed by MIT which is widely used in elementary schools), allowing them to get inside the code of their computer and create simple games and animations on screen. $14.99
- by Suzanne Collins ~ I loved the whole Hunger Games trilogy, but this one is the best!! ~ I cant even tell you how taken in I was with this book!! My friend, Angie loaned her copy to me and said I would love it and she was so right. When she described it, I was somewhat skeptical. She said it was young adult and science fiction. But I figured Id give it a go. The characters were so colorful as was the scenery in the entire story. Each character brought something so different and left …
- Mandalas are circular patterns, used in Hinduism and Buddhism to represent the Universe, as well as in Navajo spiritual traditions. But in this case, they are just beautiful, intricate patterns to color in. With a huge range to choose from, this book represents hours of quiet coloring and contemplation. Suitable for children or adults wishing to indulge in some art therapy.
- Now this is our kind of living room! Cushions for easily adjustable seating and a mini library! I just want to curl up on that floor cushion and read a good book.
- William Randolph Hearsts library. Hearst was such a prolific collector of art, books, and antiques, that his castle was actually built around how to display the collection. All of his books still couldn’t be fit into the castle’s two libraries, so he stored some elsewhere, such as in bookcases lining the walls of his movie theater room.
- A brightly colored, high-contrast, touchy-feely book for babies. Delightful to share, this book will engage even a tiny babys attention and as babies grow they will love to trace their fingers around the tactile finger trails. This series is designed to be used from birth. Babies will be mesmerized by the bright pictures and tactile trails as in this vibrant board book. $12.99
- This finger-printing book includes simple, step-by-step instructions for lots of pictures and scenes to create using only fingerprints, and a multi-coloured ink pad is attached to the side of the book, so no extra materials are required. Encourages creativity and manual dexterity. $15.99
- One of the oldest libraries at the heart of Oxfords historic University is Duke Humfreys Library in the Bodleian, which held the primary function as a reading room for maps, music and pre-1641 rare books until 2015
- Bibliotheque Nationale de France, Paris. The National Library of France has expanded its collection within the last few decades, since it was established in 1461. The older building that was completed in 1868 on the Rue de Richelieu is still in use and not to be missed. Once the largest library in the world, this title remains no longer. Nonetheless, it is still impressive with collections like 5,000 Greek manuscripts and an impressive staff of 2,700.
- A multi-storied library, the likes of which are perfect for any dream home. How could you ever get any reading or work done in a room as beautiful as this?
- A pocket-sized book packed full of fun, mind-bending puzzles and games. Children can put their brain power to the test by figuring out a pattern puzzle, doing space sums on Saturn and solving riddles. Full of colorful illustrations and space to draw, color and complete the brain teasers, this book is perfect for long journeys and other quiet times. Includes a page of answers at the back of the book.